Navigating the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Class
The mission of the Mayo Clinic Children’s Center is to provide the highest quality healthcare for newborns and their families. This class will help prepare families for their newborn’s hospitalization in intensive care at Mayo Clinic.
Topics will include:
- The neonatal and cardiovascular intensive care experiences at Mayo Clinic
- Understanding your baby’s care team and the intensive care environment
- Specialized infant feeding and nutrition
- Bonding as a family during your baby’s hospitalization
- Self-care essentials and tips to make the hospital stay easier
- Preparing siblings for your baby’s hospitalization
- Neonatal and Pediatric follow up services at Mayo Clinic
If a class is currently scheduled, it will be listed below. For more information or to schedule a session, contact the Perinatal Education Nurse Manager at 507-266-1732.
|Length:||one class, 2 hours|