Breastfeeding: The Art of Breastfeeding and Pumping - 2 week series
This two-week series will bring understanding and confidence to the breastfeeding process and personal breast pumping experience. Week one focus is breastfeeding information and education. Week two is breast pumping content. We strongly encourage you to bring your partner or another supportive person in your life. This NEW course offers more detailed information and education on breastfeeding and breast pumping than our other childbirth classes.
The Art of Breastfeeding topics include:
- Establishing and maintaining a milk supply
- Recognizing signs of breastfeeding success for both parent and baby
- The benefits of skin-to-skin contact
- Common concerns and when to seek guidance
- Healthy tips for breastfeeding families
- Breastfeeding lifestyle & how to support the breastfeeding parent
- Resources at Mayo Clinic and in your community
The Art of Breast Pumping topics include:
- Becoming familiar with the basic principles of milk expression
- How to clean, care for and replace breast pump parts
- Safe handling, storage, and milk warming guidelines
- How to build and maintain a milk supply
- Safe bottle-feeding techniques
- How to prepare for times of separation from baby
- Hands-on learning with common breast pumps and parts
If you would like information for continuing breastfeeding long term, we encourage you to attend a "Breastfeeding and Returning to Work / School" class after your baby is born and closer to the time of returning to work or school.
Please note that only the class start date is listed below. The class continues the following week (same day of week, same time). This is a total of two classes.
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email within one hour after registering (be sure to check your e-mail junk folder if you don't see the e-mail in your inbox). Please contact us immediately (phone: 507/266-7473 or email: email@example.com) if you do not receive an email.
PLEASE NOTE: Some dates of our Art of Breastfeeding and Pumping series are being held via Mayo Clinic's use of the Zoom platform. Zoom classes are noted next to the dates below.
|Time:||6:00p.m. to 8:00p.m. / 6:30p.m. to 8:30p.m.|
|Length:||Two weeks; one class per week, 2 hours|
Choose start date
For information on registering, cancellation policy, payment policy, etc. please click here.