Baby Care Basics
Get ready for life with your newborn baby! Learn to recognize your baby's needs and amazing abilities and explore ways of caring for and comforting your infant. A mix of hands-on practice, video and demonstrations will increase your confidence in being ready for your new role as a parent.
These topics are briefly covered in our Childbirth Preparation: 4-week prenatal series and Childbirth Preparation: Weekend prenatal series as care for your baby in the hospital. This separate one night class is for those seeking more information and practice on care for your baby once you are at home.
Topics to be covered include:
- Caring for your newborn once home
- Strategies to calm and comfort your baby
- Bathing, diapering and dressing
- Keeping your baby safe - including car seat basics, sleep, and other safety concerns
- Recognizing feeding cues and your baby's communication patterns
- Taking a temperature and knowing when your baby is sick
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email within one hour after registering (be sure to check your e-mail junk folder if you don't see the e-mail in your inbox). Please contact us immediately (phone: 507/266-7473 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not receive an email.
|Time:||10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. / 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.|
|Length:||One class, 2 hours|
Choose start date
For information on registering, cancellation policy, payment policy, etc. please click here.