Baby Care Basics
Get ready for life with your newborn baby! Learn to recognize your baby's needs and amazing abilities and explore ways of caring for and comforting your infant. A mix of hands-on practice, video and demonstrations will increase your confidence in being ready for your new role as a parent.
These topics are briefly covered in our Childbirth Preparation: 4-week prenatal series and Childbirth Preparation: Weekend prenatal series. This separate one night class is for those seeking more information and practice.
Topics to be covered include:
- Caring for your newborn once home
- Strategies to calm and comfort your baby
- Bathing, diapering and dressing
- Keeping your baby safe - including car seat basics, sleep, and other safety concerns
- Recognizing feeding cues and your baby's communication patterns
- Taking a temperature and knowing when your baby is sick
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email within one hour after registering (be sure to check your e-mail junk folder if you don't see the e-mail in your inbox). Please contact us immediately (phone: 507/266-7473 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not receive an email.
|Time:||10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. / 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.|
|Length:||One class, 2 hours|
Choose start date
For information on registering, cancellation policy, payment policy, etc. please click here.