Baby Care Basics
Get ready for life with your newborn baby! Learn to recognize your baby's needs and amazing abilities and explore ways of caring for and comforting your newborn. A mix of hands-on practice, video and demonstrations will increase your confidence and ease your transition into your new role as a parent.
These topics are covered in our Childbirth Preparation: 4-week prenatal series and Childbirth Preparation: Weekend prenatal series. This separate one-night class is for those that have not taken a Childbirth Preparation course OR those who would like more education and practice on caring for a newborn.
Topics to be covered include:
- Newborn behaviors and cares - including bathing, diapering, swaddling and dressing your baby
- Strategies to calm and comfort your baby
- Keeping your baby safe - including car seat basics, safe sleep practices, and other safety considerations
- Basic feeding principles - breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Recognizing feeding cues and your baby's communication patterns
- Taking baby's temperature and knowing when to seek medical advice
- Identify Mayo Clinic and community resources that can help ease your transition into parenthood
- Adjustment to parenthood and maintaining connection with others
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email within one hour after registering (be sure to check your e-mail junk folder if you don't see the e-mail in your inbox). Please contact us immediately (phone: 507/266-7473 or email: email@example.com) if you do not receive an email.
PLEASE NOTE: Some dates of our Baby Care Basics classes are being held via Mayo Clinic's use of the Zoom platform. Zoom classes are noted next to the dates below.
|Time:||10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. / 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.|
|Length:||One class, 2 hours|
Choose start date
For information on registering, cancellation policy, payment policy, etc. please click here.