Understanding Birth eClass
Understanding Birth eClass
This eClass is equivalent to Perinatal Education's Childbirth Preparation 4-week in-person and zoom series and the Childbirth Preparation Weekend series.
Consider the Understanding Birth eClass as your guide to provide information you can trust on childbirth. This interactive online course covers essential information on labor and more, and highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You will also get a sense of what labor is like as you watch birth stories.
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Allow 4-6 hours to complete.
- Birth Stories
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential tools, including a birth plan worksheet, packing list and contraction timer
- Audio library with soothing sounds, lullabies, and relaxation exercises
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
Additional Items for Local Mayo Clinic Rochester Patients:
In addition to this eClass, course materials from the local Childbirth Preparation Prenatal series will be sent to your home to supplement your learning.
How it works:
- The class date(s) listed below are just placeholder seats and not your actual class date. Please select any available class date. Once you purchase your "seat" to the eClass, we will email you login instructions within seven days.
- You’ll have access to the class for six months.
- If you plan to deliver at Mayo Clinic Rochester, please also watch the virtual tour of the Family Birth Center.
Cost is $50.
There will be no refund once registered and payment accepted.
For this eClass, you must register and pay online with credit card.
If you are planning to breastfeed we recommend the in-person or zoom Art of Breastfeeding and Pumping series. For first time expectant parents we also recommend the in-person Infant Passenger Safety and the in-person Infant CPR classes. You may also want to take the in-person or zoom Baby Care Basics and the in-person Comfort Strategies classes.
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email receipt within one hour after registering and further instructions for the eClass within seven days (be sure to check your e-mail junk folder if you don't see the e-mail in your inbox). Please contact us (phone: 507/266-7473 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not receive an email within seven days.
|Length:||Allow 4-6 hours to complete, take at your own pace|
Choose start date
For information on registering, cancellation policy, payment policy, etc. please click here.