Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting Program: 9 week Series
Looking for birth and parenting education that prepares you for more than just the day you give birth?
Mindfulness skills are for life.
Having a baby is often one of the most transformative experiences in a person's life. No matter how they go, pregnancy and birth are intense, both physically and emotionally, preparing one for the journey of parenting.
"Because my partner and I took the course together, we now have a shared language/experience for the behaviors that encourage mindfulness/being your highest self." - MBCP Rochester Alumni
During the course, you will learn to:
- Access your capacity for deep physical and mental relaxation.
- Engage your mind to work with the sensation of labor.
- Increase confidence and courage for the experience of labor, birth and life with baby.
- Practice prenatal yoga and Qi Gong for strength and flexibility.
- Enhance partner communication skills.
- Become more aware of your own approach to parenting.
- Understand the mind body connection with breastfeeding.
- Develop skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting and daily life.
These objectives are best met through daily mindfulness practice. For optimal success, you are encouraged to practice mindfulness skills six out of seven days a week.
If you are interested in Mindfulness-Based Childbirth and Parenting it is recommened you take either this 9-week series or the weekend workshop.
The series runs nine consecutive weeks and an all-day Saturday or Sunday.
MBCP 9-week series currently scheduled:
- 2020: Tuesday evenings September 1-October 27, 6-9pm and Saturday October 10, 9:30am-4:30pm. (All dates will be held via Zoom)
- 2021: Tuesday evenings January 5-March 2, 6-9pm and Sunday February 14, 9:30am-4:30pm. (All dates will be held via Zoom)
Only the series start date is listed below for registration.
It is recommended that you register early in your pregnancy for this workshop and ideally start it between 14 and 34 weeks of pregnancy.
This series pairs well with other prenatal classes within Perinatal Education. For first time expectant parents we recommend the Childbirth Preparation: Prenatal 4-week series or Weekend series, Infant Passenger Safety, Breastfeeding and Pumping 101 and Baby Care Basics classes.
All registered participants will receive a confirmation email within one hour after registering (be sure to check your e-mail junk folder if you don't see the e-mail in your inbox). Please contact us immediately (phone: 507/266-7473 or email: email@example.com) if you do not receive an email.
Please also note: If either expectant parent is a member of the military, please contact our program directly at the above e-mail or phone number for registration.
|Time:||9:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. / 6:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.|
|Length:||Nine evenings 6-9pm; one Saturday 9:30am-4:30pm|
Choose start date
For information on registering, cancellation policy, payment policy, etc. please click here.